Single Field ESPSingle field ESP is ESP with only one field (Normally ESP has more has 2 or 3 field). Internal arrangement is same as regular ESP i.e.Rows of collection electrode and discharge electrode with their respective rapping systems.
This is ideally used for application like a palm oil mills where the flue gas pass through multicyclone, due to coarser particles are removed and only the final particle is required to be treated in ESP. The dust burdens are very low, hence this single field ESP are used in such applications.
Applications of single field ESP
- Inlet dust burden is very low i.e. 500 to 700 mg/Nm3
- Coarser particles are already collected in cyclone/dust collector prior to entering the ESP; hence ESP has to handle only finer particles.
- Currently Outlet emission required is only 150mg/Nm3 and in palm oil mills (Inlet dust burden is 700mg/Nm3) which is approx. 80% efficiency of the ESP in worst condition and 70% efficiency in normal condition.This requirement is far lower than standard requirement of 90% efficiency per field
Special DevelopmentAs there are no coarser particles and dust burden is very low, the concentrated current from the discharge electrodes is not be required . Hence V T CORP developed Star type electrodes for such applications which discharges uniform current distribution to capture the fine dust from the Flue gas.
Advantage of single field ESP:
- Compact in size and therefore easily accommodate in the available space.
- Create a space for future expansion to adhere future stricter to emission norms(<50 mg/Nm3)
- Economical and easy to install at the existing Boilers, where ESP is now mandatory to install to adhere to current Emission Norms